Friday, February 26, 2010

My cheerleader, the metric system

After weeks of furious knitting, I have managed to add a 26 cm or 10 1/4 inches to the beast.


Never did I think I would use the metric system as an emotional crutch, but there you have it. After spending most of my vacation knitting, I only made it through 10 1/4 inches of black stockinette. Much more encouraging to have finished 26 cm.

A few days ago I realized that I had left all of the extra yarn for this project at home. This effectively ground my progress to a halt just before the colour work picked up again on the body, and completely eliminated any lingering romantic notion I may have held of finishing the project before the end of the Olympics. Enter a very understanding significant other and the kind folks at FedEx and one business day later there be yarn.


Thanks to the arrival of the yarn, I've managed to start digging my way through the colour work. I'll post my olympic progress after the end of the closing ceremonies.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Yay! Hooray for quick shipping! Also, I'm with you on the metric system sounding like a lot more progress is made. Just as long as I don't look at the total needed...